Tuesday, January 27, 2009

CNY is overrated.

1st of all,
Happy CNY.
Many frequents would be wondering why isnt der any CNY wishes from me in my blog?

Simple..
watch this.
This is what I dislike about what exactly which is happening in the Chinese society.
(Saw it from GuanHan's blog)



Theres something which I dont feel quite right about the current chinese society.

Materialistic.
(I think I have once touched on it back in THIS POST)

Before I yell my heart out,
I have to confess that im quite surprised that some other peep actually shares the same thought as me as seen in da commenting area of da youtube clip above.

To be honest,
I dont find CNY as exciting as before when I was small when I would run around the house screaming if I receive a RM50 ang pau

You look at things differently when you are growing up.

Yes,
People visit friends and relatives...
simply because they HAVE to.
Its not that they are willing to.

Yes,
People distribute ang pau...
simply because they HAVE to.
Its not that they are willing to.

Yes,
People celebrate CNY...
simply because they HAVE to.
Its not that they are willing to.


Now,
Lemme ask you...
How often do you hear an adult saying

"OMGGGG its CNY! I AM SO EXCITED. I CANT WAIT!!!"

kids?maybe.
BUT, I think you might wana know the second part of the kids sentence..

"OMGGGG its CNY! I AM SO EXCITED. I CANT WAIT
TO COLLECT ANG PAUsssss!!!"

Is that how CNY supposed to be?


Now, you tell me..



"Is it Chinese New Year yet?"

gong.xi.fatt.cai.in.advance.


--------------------------------------------------------

Deep down personal reflections of mine after watching da vid clip.
It kinda tickled me and made me spill my secret
right here right now in my blog. X.x
FYI,
I have a dream, a goal, a mission in life.
like how Ive been telling my sister all the time..
Not to be a millionaire celebrity.
Not to be a 8 wives businessman.
Not to be an international-brilliant-nerd.
Not to be a headline superstar..


But just to HAVE a combination of
1) a caring love-me-wife
(as long as nothing(currently) goes wrong but will try to make it right even if anything goes wrong and not to force)

2) a few adorable kids
(as long as more things go wrong I make more "accidents" happen XD)

3) a stable and well-paid job
(as long as the pay is sufficient for da entire family; IF I happen to be successful, I would take that as a bonus to my life)

along with the supportive godsis, family members and friends.



Anyway,
Im glad..
because mah bie boosts da confidence in me and
I feel that Im a step closer to mah dream.
Halfway there maybe?
Thanks to bie, at least, CNY is somehow different better this year.

bie


8 comments:

zhenlong25 said...

dude,
I definitely think the same way~
Haha, i blog something similar about it in my other blog! lol

I just want to meet relatives and friends during CNY~ thats all=)

Gong Hei Fatt Choi!

cheer,
zL

Alex Chua said...

wow, so true :) Gong Xi Fa Cai

Janice said...

i saw the video clip..
vy meaningful wan..
children nowadays dun kno their roots..
wonder whether our time wil b worse..

Harry said...

hm..

i do take things differently..

i donno why is it that bad for most of u.. but for me.. i'll still scream all around for the CNY

simply not because of the ang pao.. but it's all about the re union..

and most of it.. we are willing to do so.. i go visit my friend and my relatives because i wanted to meet them and their families.. getting to know each other better..

perhaps, celebration in every family differ in some ways..

it's how a family celebrate the CNY to make it overrated or not.. and it's not that CNY is overrated itself.

:) cheers..

anyway, GONG XI FA CAI.. and Happy Chinese New YEar..

Ruionkoh said...

zhenlong,
Yeah exactly. Thats the current chinese society.
*deep sigh*
Me too XD
Same to you ^^

Alex,
yeah :)
Same to you yo.

Janice,
yeah.exactly.

Harry,
Er, dude, fyi, this is not a personal post dude. yes, I stereotype da entire chinese society simply because the major part of the society is celebrating the misled-CNY.
I AM happy with my CNY celebration lol.
Same to you :)

Regards,
rui.

Tekkaus said...

That's quite insightful bro. Anyway I have always love Chinese New Year. =) Gong Xi Fi Cai to you.

ed.inc said...

haha...
my friend,
happy "sigh" CNY!!
i have this feel too!
how come?
wakaka....
jz last year is an unlucky year to all my relaltives,
wakaka...
jz heard bad thgs when visiting them.
hope next year will be better lah!!!
kiong hee koing hee!!






ed.inc

Nicole said...

Download Full Version Software at AriesGames... http://ariesgames.blogspot.com